DBT: We all know that the Government of India has been running many schemes from time to time for the public, whether it is farmers or girls or unemployed youth. Similarly, the DBT scheme has been started by the government. The DBT scheme was first discussed in 2012 in a Union Budget speech by the then Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee. The Direct Bank Transfer scheme is run by the government on behalf of the government Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare Department.
So come on then today we will tell you all the important information related to DBT schemes like purpose, benefits, features, required documents, and online application process through our application. Any interested beneficiaries of the state who want to get benefits under this scheme, then definitely read this post of ours.
JAM i.e. Jan Dhan, Aadhaar, and Mobile are DBT enablers and as of date more than 22 crore Jan Dhan Accounts, more than 100 crore Aadhaar, and about 100 crore Mobile connections provide a unique opportunity to implement DBT in all welfare schemes across the country including States & UTs. Direct Bank Transfer will bring efficiency, effectiveness, transparency, and accountability in the Government system and infuse confidence of citizens in the governance.
The use of modern technology and IT tools will realize the dream of MAXIMUM GOVERNANCE MINIMUM GOVERNMENT.
DBT is the high priority and focus area of the Government.
What is DBT
The full form of DBT is “Direct Benefit Transfer”. Direct payment of cash subsidy for Kerosene, LPG, and Fertilizers by the Government through Direct Bank Transfer is transferred to the beneficiary’s bank account. Through this scheme, along with preventing the theft of money used for public welfare, corruption will also be stopped.
To achieve success through this scheme, more than 28 crore Jan Dhan accounts have been opened by the government so that the amount of subsidy provided to the people is directly transferred to their bank account so that they can use that amount when needed.
Apart from this, special attention has also been given by the government to link the Aadhaar number with a bank account, which will help in the implementation of DBT. If seen, more than 80 schemes of 15 ministries come under DBT.
Crores paid to beneficiaries under DBT
- Like we all know that during the lockdown from 24 March 2020 to 17 April 2020 last year, people would have to face a lot of problems, at that time Direct Bank Transfer played an important role to provide help to the people.
- About Rs 36.659 crore was transferred to the bank accounts of about 16.01 crore beneficiaries and needy through DBT. This amount to be provided has been provided under central schemes, centrally sponsored schemes, as well as state government schemes. Out of which Rs 27442 for Centrally Sponsored Schemes and Central Schemes and Rs 9717 crore by the State Government was disbursed through DBT under various schemes.
- According to the details of the ministry, the number of beneficiaries associated with centrally sponsored and central schemes is 11.42 crore. The number of beneficiaries associated with various schemes in the states is Rs 4.59 crore. In the year 2018, the amount disbursed through Direct Bank Transfer was only 22% but in the year 2020, it has increased to around 45%.
Benefit of DBT
- Whatever amount received by the government in the form of subsidy or financial assistance was received either through check or cash payment or sometimes in the form of a price discount on services and goods but this is not the case in DBT at all.
- The amount provided by DBT is directly transferred to the beneficiary’s bank account.
- The biggest advantage of Direct Bank Transfer is that the beneficiary gets the full amount of subsidy easily without the need of any middleman.
- Earlier, whoever helped in getting the subsidy amount had to pay commission, but now it will not be so.
- Through Direct Bank Transfer, the theft of money to be used in public welfare will be stopped.
- The beneficiary can withdraw the subsidy amount directly to the bank account only when needed.
- One of the main advantages of transferring the same money to a bank account is that if the money comes in direct hands, then people spend it only but now it will not happen.
Features of DBT
- Through the central government’s DBT portal scheme, farmers will get financial assistance in buying agricultural machinery, so that farmers will be able to do good farming and the income of the farmers of the country will also be doubled.
- The DBT Krishi Yantra Yojana has been operated by the Central Government only to provide the benefit of agricultural machinery to the farmer of the country.
- Through Direct Bank Transfer, the economic condition of the farmers will improve and they will not need to take loans to buy expensive equipment.
- In the last 3 years after the implementation of Direct Bank Transfer, more than Rs 50,000 crore has been saved.
- In the year 2013 and 2014, Rs.7367 crore was paid through Direct Bank Transfer, the benefit of which was provided to about 10.71 crore people.
- In the year 2016 and 2017, about Rs.74502 crore was paid, the benefit of which was provided to more than 33 crore people.
- 17.50 LPG consumers are being provided the benefit of subsidy directly in their bank accounts, after which the government has become successful to stop the black marketing of cylinders.
Eligibility of DBT
- To take advantage of DBT, it is mandatory for the farmer to be a permanent resident of India.
- Online applications will have to be made to get agricultural-related machinery.
- Must have bank account passbook
- To take advantage of Krishi Yantra Yojana, the applicant should not be benefited under any other scheme.
- Aadhar card should be linked with a bank account.
Documents required to get the benefit of DBT
- Aadhar Card
- Pan Card
- Caste certificate
- Bank account passbook
- Passport size photo
The process to register online on DBT Portal
- For online registration on the Direct Bank Transfer portal, first of all, click on the official website of DBT.
- After that, a home page will open in front of you.
- On this page, you have to click on the option of ‘Registration’.
- After that, you now have to click on the ‘New Registration’ option.
- Now you have to proceed by following some of the asked instructions.
- After entering all the guidelines properly, click on the submit option to complete the registration process.
Also read What is E Pass | How e-pass made | know all the information related to e pass 2021
Also read CSC Digital Seva Portal Login Connect at digitalseva.csc.gov.in 2021
Also read What is jharbhoomi land record system 2021
Also read PM Modi Yojana 2021: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Yojana | government scheme list