Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana(PMFBY): The government starts many schemes for the farmers in the country, even today many schemes are being run by the central government and the state government, with the help of which the life of the farmer can be improved, every government starts new schemes. So that farmers can get help when Narendra Modi’s government came to the center, he started Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (pmfby), this scheme has been started simultaneously in all the states of the country.
With the introduction of this scheme, the farmers will be insured by the government if their produce is destroyed, so that the government will give money for all the crops that are destroyed so that the debt burden on the farmers does not increase.
The main objective of this scheme will be to help reduce the debt that is on all the farmers of the country, at the same time to educate their standard of living and also to encourage them to do farming so that they can do farming.
So even if you are a farmer and your yield is destroyed, you do not have to worry, if you have applied for the Prime Minister’s Fasal Insurance Scheme (PMFBY), then your crop is destroyed, then you have to pay for it. The entire money will be given by the government, in which post today we will tell you in more detail about how you can apply online for this and who is the farmer who is the sum for this scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (pmfby)
This scheme was started on 18th February 2016 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, till now this scheme has been more than 4 years and more than 5 lakh farmers of the country have been provided benefits through this scheme. Even today the scheme is fully active, if you want even today, you can take advantage of Fasal Bima Yojana, you can apply online for this, you can keep moving forward with this post of ours.
If you come from an area where there is a high risk of floods and the crop gets damaged very quickly, then you will get the benefit of this scheme very quickly because the government gives more priority to the farmers living in such areas.
If the crop gets damaged due to excessive rain anywhere in the country or if the crops are damaged due to drought, then the government will give you benefits through this pmfby scheme, but if you ruin your crops by your own mistake, then you keep this in mind that no help will be given by the government.
Which crops are included?
Here also you have to keep one thing in mind that you are not going to get benefit on every single crop through this scheme. The benefit will be given, we are going to tell you about all those crops which if wasted then you will be given benefit through this scheme.
- Annual commercial/annual horticultural crops.
- Food crops (cereals, millets and pulses)
Some important information related to Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana | PMFBY
- PM Fasal Bima Yojana has been started to provide insurance cover to the farmers of the country against the loss of crops due to any natural calamity.
- Till now lakhs of farmers have been benefited through this scheme.
- In the first 3 years the premium of about Rs 13000 crore has been deposited by the farmers.
- In return, he has received an insurance claim of up to Rs.60000 crores.
- Efforts are made by the government to reach the benefits of this scheme to all the eligible farmers. Which is promoted by the government.
- This scheme is operated in 27 states and union territories.
- The claim ratio under this scheme is 88.3 percent.
- This scheme is reviewed from time to time by the government and communication is done to all the beneficiaries.
- Some amendments have also been made in this plan in February 2021. So that better facilities can be provided to all the farmers.
- According to the revised Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, those states in which the payment of state subsidy is delayed for a long time will not be able to participate in this scheme.
- A Central Advisory Committee has also been constituted for the successful implementation of this scheme.
- Pradhanmantri Fasal Bima Yojana is operated under the Aadhaar Act 2016. To get the benefit of this scheme, it is mandatory for the beneficiary to have Aadhar number.
- The main objective of operating this scheme is to encourage all the farmers to take up farming without worrying about any calamity.
Premium amount under Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
You all know that farmers have to pay the premium amount to get benefits under the PMFBY. The amount of this premium has been kept very little in Pradhan Mantri Bima Yojana as compared to other crop insurance schemes. The amount of premium is as follows.
|S.No.||Crop||Premium Amount paid by Farmer|
|3||Annual Commercial and Horticultural Crops||5%|
Advantage of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)
- Under the PMFBY, the farmers of the country will be given insurance for the damage caused to their crops.
- If a farmer’s crop is destroyed due to natural calamity, then he will be provided the benefit of this scheme.
- If a farmer’s crop is destroyed due to any human then he will not get any benefit under this scheme.
- Under the policy, farmers pay 1.5% for kharif crop, 2% for Ravi crop, according to which the government is helped by natural losses such as drought, floods, hail, in case of great loss to the crop.
Eligibility of Fasal Bima Yojana | PMFBY
- All the farmers of the country can be eligible under this scheme.
- Under this scheme, you can get insurance for the farming done on your land, as well as you can also insure the agriculture done on the land taken on loan.
- Those farmers of the country will be considered eligible under this scheme. Those who are not taking benefit of any insurance scheme before
Documents required for PMFBY
- Farmer id card
- Aadhar card
- Ration card
- Bank account
- Address proof of farmer (like driving license, passport, voter ID card)
- Photocopy of the agreement with the owner of the farm if the field is cultivated on rent
- Farm account number / Khasra number paper
- Applicant’s photo
- Date of the day the farmer started sowing the crop
Some important dates for applying under Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
If you want to apply under PMFBY, then the last date for the Kharif crop is 31st July and for the Rabi crop, the last date is 31st December. The last date of this scheme can also be asked from the CSC center, PMFBY portal, an insurance company, or an agriculture officer.
Apply online for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana 2021
- To fill the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana form(PMFBY) online, Visit official website.
- To apply in the crop insurance scheme, first of all you have to create an account on the official website.
- To create an account, you have to click on registration and all the information asked here will have to be corrected.
- After filling all the information click on submit button and after that your account will become official website
- After the account is created, you will have to fill the form for the crop insurance scheme by logging into your account.
- After filling the form of crop insurance scheme correctly, you will have to click on the submit button after which you will see the message of successful on your screen.
Process to apply offline under Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
- First of all you have to go to your nearest insurance company.
- Now you have to get the application form of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana from the Agriculture Department.
- After this you have to enter all the important information asked in the application form like your name, mobile number, email id etc.
- Now you have to attach all the important documents to the application form.
- After this you will have to submit this application form to the Agriculture Department.
- Now you have to pay the premium amount.
- After this you will be given a reference number.
- You must keep this reference number handy.
- Through this number you can check the status of your application.
Procedure to get benefits of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana | PMFBY
If your crop is damaged due to any natural calamity like storm, rain, earthquake, etc. then you can follow the below steps to get the benefit of PMFBY
- First of all you have to go to your agriculture officer or insurance company.
- You must notify the Agricultural Officer or the Insurance Company of the loss within 72 hours of the date of the loss.
- After this, you will also have to provide information about the date and time of loss.
- You have to submit the crop photo along with the date and time of crop damage.
- You can also do this entire process through the Crop Insurance App.
- For other information you can contact on Farmer Call Center which is 18001801551.
The process to view crop insurance scheme beneficiary list
- First of all you have to go to the official website of PMFBY.
- Now the home page will open in front of you.
- On the home page, you have to click on the link of the beneficiary list.
- Now a new page will open in front of you in which you have to select your state.
- After that you have to select your district.
- Now you have to select your block.
- As soon as you select the block, the beneficiary list will open in front of you.
- You can check your name in this list.
How to register a complaint
- First of all you have to go to the PMFBY official website. After visiting the official website, the home page will open in front of you.
- On this home page you will see the option of Technical Grievance.
- You have to click on this option. After clicking on the option, the next page will open in front of you.
- On this page you have to enter name, mobile number, email id, and comments.
- After filling all the information you have to click on the submit button. In this way you will get the complaint registered.
Pm Kishan helpline Number
Under this scheme, a helpline number has also been issued for the farmers of the country.
|Official Portal PMFBY||Click here|
|Apply Online PMFBY||Click here|
|H2O Official Portal||Click here|