The main objective of starting Kusum Yojana is to provide solar-powered solar pumps for irrigation to the farmers. Under this scheme, the Central Government and the State Government of Rajasthan will convert 3 crore petrol and diesel irrigation pumps into solar energy pumps. The farmers of the country who run the irrigation pumps with the help of diesel or petrol, now those pumps will be run with solar energy under this Kusum Scheme 2022. In the first phase of this scheme, 1.75 lakh pumps of the country which run on diesel and petrol will be run with the help of solar panels.
Kusum Yojana 2022
Under this scheme, a target has been set by the state government to convert 17.5 lakh diesel pumps and 3 crore agriculturally useful pumps into solar pumps in the coming 10 years. This is an important scheme for the farmers of Rajasthan. An initial budget of Rs 50,000 crore has been allocated by the government to install solar pumps in the fields of the farmers of the state and to promote solar products.
Kusum Yojana Registration
Under Kusum Yojana, applications can be made through both online and offline means. Under this scheme, application can be made for setting up a solar power plant and for leasing land. The list of all those applicants who have registered for leasing out their land will be displayed by RREC on the official website. All those citizens who want to take land on lease for setting up solar power plant can get the list of applicants from the website of RREC after which they can contact the registered applicants and apply for setting up the plant.
If online registration is done by the applicant then the applicant will get an Application ID. The applicant must keep the printout of the application form safe with him in case of an online application. If the applicant has applied offline, a receipt will be given to the applicant, which will have to be retained by the applicant. To apply, all the important documents have to be submitted by the application.
Kusum Yojana Application Fee
Under this scheme, the applicant will have to pay the application fee at the rate of ₹ 5000 per MW and GST to apply for a solar power plant. This payment will be made in the form of Demand Draft in the name of Managing Director, Rajasthan Renewable Energy Corporation. To apply, the application fee for 0.5 MW to 2 MW is as follows.
Objective of Kusum Yojana 2022
As you know there are many states in India where there is drought. And the farmers cultivating there have to suffer losses due to drought. Keeping this in mind, the central government has started PM Kusum Yojana 2022, the main objective of this scheme is to provide free electricity to the farmers of the country. Under this scheme, to provide the facility of solar panels to the farmers for irrigation as they can irrigate their fields well. Through this Kusum Yojana 2022, the farmer will get double benefit and his income will also increase. Second, if farmers generate more electricity and send it to the grid. So they will get the price for that too.
Kusum Yojana 2022
Under this scheme, the Agriculture Minister of Rajasthan, Lalchand Kataria, launched the first aided solar power pump plant of 7.5 HP capacity in Kapadiyawas village in Jhotwara Panchayat Samiti area near Jaipur. For the first time in Rajasthan, an aided plant of 7.5 HP capacity has been set up. In this scheme, farmers who do not have agricultural electricity connections for irrigation are dependent on diesel. Solar power pump plants ranging from 3 HP capacity to 7.5 HP capacity are being provided on a grant to the farmers who set up such water-saving plants or advanced horticultural structures.
Some important information related to Kusum Yojana
- A special feature of Kusum Yojana is that under this scheme, 30% of the total cost of the plant will be given by the central government, 30% will be given by the state government, apart from this, 30% of the amount will be financed by NABARD or other banking institution in the form of loan to agricultural consumers. Will be done
- This means that the farmers will have to pay only 10% of the amount.
- Apart from this, the remaining electricity can also be sold by the farmer when there is additional power generation.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to have Aadhar card and bank account at the time of application.
- The subsidy amount will be sent by the government to the applicant’s account.
- Apart from this, third party agreements will be signed with farmers, discoms and banks. The electricity earned by the farmer will be divided into two parts.
- The first part will be the consumer and the second part will be the loan installment.
- Through this scheme electricity will reach the farmers and money can be earned from barren land.
Benefits of Kusum Yojana 2022
- All the farmers of the country can take advantage of this scheme.
- Providing Solar Irrigation Pump at subsidized price.
- Solarization of 10 lakh grid connected agricultural pumps.
- Under the Kusum Yojana 2022, 17.5 lakh diesel-run irrigation pumps will be run on solar power in the first phase. This will reduce diesel consumption.
- Now the pumps irrigating the fields will run on solar energy, there will be a boost in the farming of farmers.
- This scheme will generate MW of additional power.
- Under this scheme, farmers will be given 60% financial assistance from the central government for installing solar panels and the bank will provide 30% loan assistance and only the farmer will have to pay 10%.
- Kusum Yojana will be beneficial for those farmers where the state will suffer from drought and where there is a problem of electricity.
- By installing a solar plant, there will be electricity for 24 hours. Due to which farmers can easily irrigate their fields.
- The additional electricity generated by solar panels, the farmer can sell that electricity to government or non-government power departments, from where the farmer can get the help of 6000 rupees for 1 month.
- Whatever solar panels will be installed under Kusum Yojana, they will be installed in the barren land, so that the barren land will also be used, and income will be received from the barren land.
Eligibility of Kusum Yojana
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of India.
- Under Kusum Yojana, the applicant can apply for a solar power plant of 0.5 MW to 2 MW capacity.
- The applicant can apply for 2 MW capacity in proportion to his land or the capacity notified by the distribution corporation (whichever is less).
- About 2 hectares of land would be required per MW.
- Under this scheme, no financial qualification is required for the project with own investment.
- If the project is being developed by the applicant through a developer, then it is mandatory for the developer to have a net worth of Rs 1 crore per MW.
Kusum Yojana Important Documents
- Aadhar Card
- Ration card
- Copy of registration
- Authorization letter
- Copy of jamabandi of land
- Net worth certificate issued by a Chartered Accountant (in case the project is developed through the developer)
- Mobile number
- Bank account statement
- Passport size photograph
Process of online application under Rajasthan Kusum Yojana 2022
- Firstly the applicant has to go to the official website of the scheme. After visiting the official website, the home page will open in front of you.
- On this home page, you will see the option of registration “Online Registration”, click on this option. After this, all the information asked in the application form like name, address, aadhar number, mobile etc. will have to be filled.
- Now after filling the information finally click on the submit button. After successful registration you are directed to deposit 10% cost of solar pump set to the selected beneficiaries to the department approved suppliers.
- After this, in a few days solar pumps will be installed in their fields.
Check List of Kusum Yojana Application
- To see the names of selected applicants for setting up solar power plants under Kusum Yojana, first of all you have to go to the official website of Solar Scheme.
- Then click on the option “List of registered applications for KUSUM”
- As soon as you click on this option the list of selected applicants will open in front of you and now you can easily search the name of any person under this list
We have given you all the important information related to Kusum Yojana in this article. If you are still facing any problem then you can contact on the helpline number of Kusum Yojana which is as follows.
Toll-Free Number- 18001803333
|Official portal of kusum yojana||Click here|
|Official portal of h2omissions.org||Click here|