DDUGKY: The Narendra Modi government at the Center runs a special scheme to provide jobs to the rural youth of the country. Its name is Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY). One of the initiatives taken by the Government of India is to promote rural livelihoods. DDU-GKY was launched on 25 September 2014.
The objective of this scheme of the Center is to provide employment to poor rural youth at a salary equal to or above the minimum wage fixed by the government after skilling. The government aims to skill more than 5.5 crores rural youth through DDU-GKY and then provide employment.
Who can join DDUGKY scheme
In rural areas, the youth of 15-35 years are given special training. By developing skills and then getting employment opportunities, the economic condition of the youth will improve in the end. Through DDU-GKY, the government wants to provide permanent options of employment or business by developing skills among these youth.
What is the purpose of DDUGKY scheme
- The youth living in villages are made aware. Counseling is done for poor youth and their parents.
- On the basis of merit, youth are selected to develop skills. Better training is given for a good job.
- According to the employment opportunity, knowledge, training to start your business is also given. Every information related to jobs is given.
- Enabling the poor and marginalized people with the help of development,
- enabling the poor and marginalized people by providing necessary training to the youth.
- Under DDU-GKY, skill training is imparted to youth in the fields of retail business, hospitality, health, construction, auto, leather, power, plumbing, gems and jewelery etc. The only condition in this is that the efficiency should be demand based. Also, the condition for training is that at least 75% of the youth should get employment.
Can women join DDUGKY
DDU-GKY aims to cover the socially disadvantaged group. 50% of the funds allocated for this scheme have been earmarked for SC/ST, 15% for minorities and 3% for persons with disabilities. In this type of skill program, one-third of the number of youth has been kept for women.
How to join DDUGKY scheme
- Applicants can register by visiting the official website of Kaushal Panjee.
- There are three categories under this section which can be accessed by the applicants for various purposes, namely Fresh/New Registration, Incomplete Registration Form and Registered Candidate
- By selecting New Registration and clicking on the tab ‘Next’ at the bottom, a new page will open containing all the information required.
- Applicants have to fill all the information which should be correct as per their knowledge and click on ‘Save and Proceed’. In this way the applicant can register under DDU-GKY.
How much help is available in DDU-GKY
The skill development program under DDU-GKY can provide financial assistance ranging from Rs 25,696 to Rs 1 lakh per person. It really depends on the duration of the project and the type of training plan (residential or non-residential). DDU-GKY provides financial assistance for training ranging from 576 hours (3 months) to 2,304 hours (12 months).
Helpline of DDUGKY
|Official portal of DDUGKY||ddugky.gov.in|