On 20 July 2017, RamNath Kovind was elected as the 14th President of the country. Their swearing-in ceremony has been fixed on 25 July 2017. On 19 June 2017, Amit Shah, the President of the country’s ruling political party BJP, suggested his name on behalf of the National Democratic Alliance for the Presidential election of India to be held on 17 July 2017. Ramnath Kovind was the governor of Bihar state at that time, but before that he was the leader of the ruling party Bharatiya Janata Party of the country.
Facts about Ramnath Kovind
|Full Name||Ramnath Kovind|
|Date of Birth||1 October 1945|
|Birth Place||Paraukh, Kanpur|
|Party||Bhartiya Janta Party|
|Qualification||B.Com / LLB|
|Presently working as a||President of India|
Family of Ramnath Kovind
Ramnath Kovind was born on 1 October 1945 in Paraukh, Kanpur. His father’s name is Late Maiku Lal and mother’s name is Late Kalavati. His wife’s name is Savita Kovind.
|Father Name||Late Maiku Lal|
|Mother Name||Late Kalavati|
|Son Name||Prashant Kumar|
Education of Ram Nath Kovind
Ramnath Kovind obtained B.Com and LLB degrees while studying. He obtained this degree from Kanpur University. After completing his law studies from Kanpur, he went to Delhi. In Delhi, he tried to take out the IAS exam, but in this attempt, he failed.
Even after failing twice in the beginning, he did not give up and again took the IAS entrance exam for the third time. This time he was successful, although he did not get the IAS post. He did not do the job and instead of working, it was considered right to practice law.
Ram Nath Kovind Career
While practicing he practiced in Delhi High Court. Here he worked as a lawyer for the central government. His tenure in the Delhi High Court was from 1977 to 1979. From 1980 to 1993, he also practiced in the Supreme Court on behalf of the Standing Council of the Central Government.
In the month of April 1994, he was appointed as a Rajya Sabha MP from Uttar Pradesh. On the strength of his efficient efficiency, he got the post of Rajya Sabha MP 2 consecutive times this year. In this way, his tenure in the Rajya Sabha lasted for 12 years i.e. till the year 2006.
Unknown facts of Ramnath Kovind
- He started working for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Minorities, Women from her college days. Due to his public service since his student days, many people understood him very soon.
- Took many big steps to spread education in the society. While working as a Rajya Sabha MP for his 12 years, he laid special emphasis on spreading education among the earlier sections.
- During the advocacy, many free facilities available legally for SC-ST and women were provided. Due to his efforts, an organization like ‘Free Legal Aid Society’ could come into existence in Delhi.
- He donated his ancestral house in Kanpur to his villagers, which is now used as a procession house.
- In view of their deep penetration among Dalits, Shri Rajnath Singh took their help for campaigning in the Dalit areas of Uttar Pradesh in the year 2012 Uttar Pradesh elections.
President of India
Ram Nath Kovind is working as a Nation’s First-person of India. He is the president of India since 2017. He is such a great and down-to-earth personality. He is the only president who used Indian railways from Delhi to Kanpur visit. He really worked hard for the poor families.