Nipah virus can also be spread by infected pigs, bats or infected humans. According to the guidelines of the National Center for Disease Control, Nipah can be spread if bats infect a fruit and eat it.
Symptoms of Nipah Virus
- Persistent fever with phlegm and shortness of breath
- Dangerous infection of the respiratory tract
- Fever, Headache, Muscle pain, Vomiting, Sore throat, Fatigue, Sleep problems
- Symptoms of encephalitis can also be seen
- In dangerous cases, the patient may show symptoms of pneumonia. These symptoms can appear 24 to 48 hours after becoming ill. The incubation period of Nipah virus can range from 5-14 days to 45 days.
Nipah virus test
Its investigation is also like corona virus. That is, just like the Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction or RTPCR test is done in Corona, similarly the same test is done for Nipah virus. For this, blood samples are taken or other body fluids can also be tested, such as sputum etc. In this, ELISA is also done for antibody test.
How does Nipah virus spread
Nipah virus can also be spread by infected pigs, bats or infected humans. According to the guidelines of the National Center for Disease Control, Nipah can be spread if bats infect a fruit and eat it. For this, it has been advised to avoid trees and plants laden with fruits. It is advised to avoid date fruit or toddy. If someone dies due to Nipah, then his dead body can also spread the infection. In view of this, it is being advised to take precaution in the last rites of the dead person.
Remedy to avoid Nipah
- Always wash hands with soap and water
- Avoid eating raw date fruit and drinking its juice
- According to the guidelines, the last rites of the dead person will be completed from Nipah.
- Wash the fruit thoroughly before eating it
- If you handle sick animals or animals, then do such work only with gloves and face mask in hand.
Nipah virus treatment
There is no medicine for Nipah virus yet. If Nipah causes respiratory disease or other problems, then supportive treatment can be given. In this disease, a major effect is seen on the nervous system, so it is important to identify and treat the symptoms associated with it. According to the World Health Organization, some Nipah patients may show symptoms of encephalitis, which requires timely treatment.