Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana: Various types of savings schemes are operated by the government to make the future of daughters bright and secure. Income tax exemption and higher interest rates are provided on these savings schemes. So that people can be encouraged to invest in these schemes and the future of daughters can be secured. Today we are going to provide you with information related to one such scheme started by the Central Government. Whose name is Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana has been launched by the Government of India. This is a savings plan. To get the benefits under this scheme, the account has to be opened before the daughter attains the age of 10 years. The minimum investment limit in this account is ₹250 and the maximum limit is ₹1.5 lakh. This investment can be made for a daughter’s higher education or marriage.
Through this scheme, interest at the rate of 7.6% will be provided by the government on the investment. Apart from this, tax exemption will also be provided on investing under this scheme. This scheme is a small savings scheme launched by the Central Government. This scheme has been launched under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme.
The account under this scheme can be opened in any authorized branch of the post office or commercial branch. Sukanya Samriddhi Account can be operated till the daughter attains the age of 21 years or till she gets married after the age of 18 years. 50% of the amount can be withdrawn after the age of 18 for the higher education of the daughter.
Objective of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2022
The purpose of the scheme is to advance girls in the field of education and not let there be any shortage of money if they are eligible for marriage. The account can be opened in the bank for a minimum of Rs 250. With this SSY 2022, the girls of the country will be encouraged and they will be able to move forward. Through this scheme, female feticide should be stopped.
Benefits of PM Kanya Yojana 2022
- The benefit of this scheme will be provided to the girls under the age of 10 of the country.
- Under the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, the guardians of the girl child can open a savings account for them. Until the girl turns 10 years old.
- A maximum of Rs 1.5 lakh can be deposited under this scheme during the current financial year.
- Under PM Kanya Yojana 2021, you can easily secure the future of your girls.
- It will help in your girl’s education or marriage.
- You can easily start this scheme in any bank or post office.
- This scheme is beneficial for both the girl child and their parent/guardian as it helps both.
- The guardian or natural parent is allowed to open an account under this scheme for only two girls.
- The depositor can deposit money in the account till the girl child completes fourteen years from the date of opening of the account.
Eligibility for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- To open an account under this scheme, the age of the girl child should be less than 10 years.
- Aadhar Card
- baby and parent photo
- girl child birth certificate
- proof of residence
- Depositor (parent or legal guardian) ie PAN card, ration card, driving license
Important Documents for opening Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Application letter
- Girl’s birth certificate
- ID proof of the depositor
- Residence certificate of depositor
- Medical certificate
- Other documents as demanded by the bank or post office.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account Opening Application Form
- Interested beneficiaries who want to apply for opening a savings account under this scheme, then they have to first download the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account Opening Form.
- After this, the application form will have to be filled with all the necessary information. After filling all the information, all your necessary documents will have to be attached with the form.
- Then the application form and documents have to be submitted along with the amount in the desired bank and post office