Rashid Khan Armaan is known as the emerging player of Afghanistan, he is in discussion these days due to his performance in IPL. Rashid, who belongs to Afghanistan, is being well-liked not only by the cricket lovers of his country but also by Indians and cricket watchers all over the world.
Facts about Rashid Khan
|Name||Rashid Khan Armaan|
|International Debut||ODI in front of Zimbabwe in Bulawayo on 18 October 2015|
|Favourite Bowling Style||leg break googly|
|The turning point in the carrier||Sunrise Hyderabad bids 4 crores in 2017 auction held in Bengaluru|
|Awards||He has won the Associate Cricketer of the Year Award in 2017, the T20 Bowler of the Year award in 2018 and the Man of the Year award in an ODI match against West Indies.|
Birth, Family and Education
Rashid was born in Nangarhar, Afghanistan. Shortly after his birth, his family moved to Pakistan for a few years during the war that broke out in Afghanistan. His family is very large, Rashid has a total of 6 brothers and 4 sisters. In which Rashid is at number six. Rashid has taken his schooling from Nangarhar High School, Jalalabad, but due to his young age, there is not much information about his college. Rashid has been inclined towards cricket from the beginning, and his elder brother Aamir Khan is also a good bowler like him.
|Birth date||20 September 1998|
|Birth place||Nangarhar, Afghanistan|
|School||Nanagarhar High School, Jalalabad|
|Mother and Father||Passed away|
|Net Worth||$3 Million|
Rashid Khan’s Look
Rashid is still at that stage of age where his personality is developing. Although his stature and appearance are normal like that of an Asian man and being a sportsman, he looks quite fit.
|Body measurement||Chest- 38″|
Weist – 30″
Biceps – 20″
Rashid Khan’s Playing Style
Rashid throws the leg back googly so well that the batsmen do not get a chance to understand anything. Like his idol Shahid Afridi, he maintains the stump-to-stump line and confuses the batsmen by throwing the ball fast in the air. He is also a strapping fielder, he covers the ball with a dive before it reaches the boundary. His batting is also good like bowling, he is a right-handed batsman, and has the skill of playing balanced even in stressful situations.
Rashid khan’s Career
- His international career started in October 2015 when he played as an Afghan player for the first time against Zimbabwe. After this, Rashid made his debut in Twenty-Twenty International in the next month itself.
- From October 2015 till now, he has played 6 ODI series and 6 T20s. The Afghanistan cricket team has high hopes from him because of his googling and being an all-rounder and his superior performance under stress.
- On 7 December 2016, Rashid played a first-class cricket debut for his country in Abu Dhabi against England, in which he took 4 for 48 and took 8 for 74 and scored 25 and 52.
- In February 2017, Sunrise Hyderabad made a bid of 4 crores on him for IPL 2017. Which was the first bid for the youngest foreign player ever.
- In September 2017, Rashid was signed by the Adelaide strikers to play in the Big Bash League in 2017-18, in November 2017 he was selected by the Quetta Gladiators to play in the 2018 Pakistan Super League Players Draft.
- He helped Sunrisers Hyderabad by scoring 35 runs in his IPL debut. Rashid took a total of 17 wickets in 14 matches played in IPL 2017, which was the 6th best performance of the entire tournament.
- The performance of the IPL increased the pace of Rashid’s career, due to which he was bought by the Guyana Amazon Warriors in the Caribbean Premier League (CPL) for $ 60,000. During this he made and broke many records, Rashid scored the first hat-trick in this CPL itself. .
- His short career boasted many successes, including taking the first 5 wickets against Ireland. Where Rashid scored only 3 runs and 5th best bowling performance in men’s cricket, he was also recognized as the best runner from Afghanistan.
- He was named Associate Cricketer of the Year by the International Cricket Council in January 2018. The very next month, he was selected as the captain in place of Asghar Stanikzai in the 2018 Cricket World Cup Qualifier tournament because he had undergone an appendix operation. In February 2018, IIC selected Khan among the 10 players for the 2018 Cricket World Cup.
- Rashid Khan’s last T20 match from Afghanistan so far was played in front of Bangladesh on 7 June 2018, in which he was not out for 1 run. At the same time, in the Test match between India and Afghanistan, he took 2 wickets and scored 7 runs in 14 balls.
Interesting facts about Rashid khan
- Rashid also received praise from Sachin Tendulkar, who is no less than an award for any cricketer, Sachin considered Rashid the best T20 spinner in the world. Sachin tweeted in praise of Rashid, in which he wrote “I always felt It is said that Rashid has been a good spinner but now I have no hesitation to say that he is the best spinner in the world to play in this format.
- Rashid was not born in India, but seeing the fame he got here, it becomes difficult to guess. In fact, his performance in IPL 2018 has increased his fan base in India. And now for these, the Indian people even put a recommendation to the Government of India to give Indian citizenship to Rashid.
- Rashid is the second player to come to India from Afghanistan to play IPL, before that Mohammad Navi has come to India to play IPL, and he is the first Afghan player to make a record by taking 5 wickets in 2 overs in T20 match. He can be called the best leg spinner of world cricket, Rashid has achieved 5th position in ICCT bowling.