Narendra Modi Ji is such a personality, which is famous everywhere in the country or abroad. Modi Ji is working as the 15th Prime Minister of our country. In the general elections of 2014 and again in 2019, Modi Ji together with the Bharatiya Janata Party achieved a historic victory. As if the Modi wave has come into the whole country, most of the Indians have full faith in Modi Ji that he will give them a bright future.
Facts about Modi Ji
|Name||Narendra Damodardas Modi|
|Political Party||Bhartiya Janta Party|
|Birth Date||17 September 1950|
|Birth Place||Vadnagar, Gujarat|
|Educational Qualification||MA in Political Science|
|Net worth||2.28 crore|
Early life of Narendra Modi
Narendra Modi ji was born in a small town Vadnagar in Mehsana district of Gujarat state. It was in Bombay when he was born, but now it is located in Gujarat. The financial condition of Narendra Modi’s family was not good, his father was a street trader, who had struggled a lot to feed his family. Modi ji’s mother is a housewife.
Modi ji also sold tea with his brothers in the railway station and then in the bus terminal to support his family as a child. Modi ji had faced many difficulties and obstacles in his childhood days, but with the strength of his character and courage, he converted all the challenges into opportunities.
Family introduction of Narendra Modi ji
|Father’s Name||Damodardas Moolchand Modi|
|Mother’s Name||Heera Ben|
|Brother’s Name||Amrit Modi, Soma Modi, Pankaj Modi, Prahlad Modi|
|Sister’s Name||Basanti Ben|
|Spouse Name||Jashoda Ben|
Narendra Modi’s Education
- Narendra Modi ji’s early education was completed from the local school of Vadnagar, he had completed his higher secondary education there till 1967. After that he left his home due to poor financial condition of his family, and then he traveled all over India to discover different cultures.
- Modi ji visited places like Rishikesh and Himalaya located in North India. He returned after 2 years of touring parts of the North East. In this way, after completing his schooling, Modi did not do his further studies for a few years.
- Then Modi ji enrolled for his higher education in Delhi University in India in 1978 and then in Gujarat University in Ahmedabad. There he did his graduation and post-graduation respectively in political science.
Narendra Modi’s Political Career
- After college, Modi joined the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad and went to Ahmedabad as a full-time campaigner to join the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
- In 1987, Narendra Modi completely joined the BJP, and for the first time he helped organize the BJP’s campaign in the Ahmedabad municipal election, in which the BJP won.
- Modi’s abilities were recognized within the party after he helped LK Advani conduct the Ayodhya Rath Yatra in 1990, which became his first national-level political act.
- In 1995, Modi was elected BJP’s national secretary to handle the activities in Haryana and Himachal Pradesh, and he shifted to New Delhi.
- Narendra Modi contested the Legislative Assembly elections for the first time in 2001, and won one of the 2 seats in Rajkot. After which he became the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
- During that time as the head of the Gujarat government, Modi ji had made his mark as an able ruler. He is also credited for the rapid growth of the state’s economy due to this He had been elected Chief Minister four time for Gujarat state.
Narendra Modi’s appearance in General Election in 2014
- In June, a year after Narendra Modi became the Chief Minister of Gujarat for the fourth time, he was made the President of the Bharatiya Janata Party. And this is how he appeared in the 2014 general election as the Prime Ministerial candidate.
- During this election, Modi ji held about 437 election rallies all over the country, in these rallies, Modi ji kept many issues in front of the public, due to which the people got influenced and voted for BJP. Then the victory of BJP in the 2014 general election became a historic victory. This year BJP won 282 seats out of 534 on the basis of absolute majority. And in this way Narendra Modi ji became a new face as the Prime Minister of India.
Narendra Modi as a Prime Minister
- After winning the post of Prime Minister, on 26 May 2014, Narendra Modi took oath as the Prime Minister and in this way he became the 14th Prime Minister of the country.
- In the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, the glory of Modi ji was again shadowed. Modi revolution left other parties far behind. Narendra Modi ji got an unprecedented victory by getting 303 seats with absolute majority. This is the first time in the history of India that a leader has won such a big victory with absolute majority for the second time in a row. The people of India have chosen their own Prime Minister this time, and everyone has shown full faith in Modi ji.
Narendra Modi’s Achievments
- In a survey conducted by India Today Magazine in 2007, Modi ji was named as the best Chief Minister of the country.
- In 2009, he was honored by FD Magazine as the Asian winner of the FDI Personality of the Year award.
- After this, the photo of Modi ji was printed on the cover page of Times Asian edition released in March 2012.
- In the year 2016 itself, on the 3rd of April, Modi ji was given Saudi Arabia’s highest civilian award on the orders of Abdulaziz-Al-Saud. And on June 4, Afghanistan’s highest civilian award was given on the state order of Ghazi Amir Amanullah Khan.
- On February 10, 2018, he was honored with the ‘Grand Collar of the State of Palestine’, Palestine’s highest civilian award for foreign dignitaries.
- On September 27, 2018, Narendra Modi was awarded the Champions of Earth Award, which is the United Nation’s highest environmental honor.
- On February 22, 2019, Modi ji received the prestigious Seoul Peace Prize 2018.
Interesting facts about Narendra Modi
- At the age of 17, Modi ji left his home and went to travel to different parts of India.
- He did a 3-month course on Image Management and Public Relations in the United States.
- After Barack Obama, Narendra Modi is the second most followed leader in the world on Twitter, he has more than 12 million followers. Modi ji and Barack Obama are also very good friends.
- Modi ji did not take a single day’s leave during his 13-year tenure as the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
- Narendra Modi is active on various social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, due to which he is considered as India’s most techno-loving leader.
- Modi ji always signs in Hindi language, whether it is a casual occasion or an official document.
- In 2016, a wax statue of Modi ji has been made at Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in London.