Digital Seva Kendra or Common Service Center: It has been introduced as part of the “Good Governance” paradigm. Two solutions have been derived from this CSC Digital Seva Portal scheme, one which will help in reviving the system of public services and at the same time it will create job opportunities in the rural sector. Common Service Center Scheme is an initiative of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India.
CSC is acting as a pivotal point in bringing various digital services to the villages in India. A centralized framework has been provided for providing services to the citizens through the Common Service Center. In this article, we will understand in detail the CSC scheme, CSC login, Digital Seva Kendra registration.
CSC Digital Seva Portal
The idea of creating CSC Digital Seva is to digitize many government schemes so that the government process can be made simple and easy for the citizens. Many government processes like certificates, licenses, Aadhar card, passports, pension services, banking are involved at this CSE center where all this work can be done digitally easily.
Through the CSC Seva Portal, this work has been entrusted to “Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLE CSC)” who will run the Rural Digital Seva Kendra or Digital Service Center and provide services related to this by logging in to the citizens through CSC Seva login. The objective of this scheme is to open at least one CSC center in each of the Gram Panchayats.
Digital Seva Objectives
- To provide a centralized platform for delivery of various services to citizens in a transparent manner through CSC Digital Seva.
- Expanding the scope of delivery of G-to-C (government to citizen) and B-to-C (business to citizen) services to rural citizens.
- Common Service Center Promoting collective action for rural empowerment of the society and enabling community participation.
- To increase the participation of VLEs (Village Level Enterprises) through the delivery of CSC Seva or e-Services and encourage women to join as VLEs.
- To make service delivery at CSCs accountable, transparent and efficient so that citizens do not face any inconvenience.
Facilities Provided in CSC Digital Seva Portal
1. Government Services
As you know, from time to time, the government keeps bringing some scheme for the citizens, in order to bring the benefits of such scheme to everyone in the country, the government has to take the help of these CSC digital services, some services which are supported by these centers. It is being run from housing scheme, fast tag, PAN card, passport, election-related, Aadhar card related, insurance, electricity bill, water bill, etc.
2. Private Services
These are the services that are being run by the private sector and the cooperation of the CSC center is being taken for their expansion in rural areas. These services like IRCTC, Air and Bus Ticket Booking Services, Mobile and DTH Recharge, Agriculture Services, CSC Bazaar, E-Learning.
3. Finance Services
Many banking services like Deposit, Withdrawal, Balance Enquiry, Statement of Accounts, Recurring Deposit Accounts, Overdraft, Retail Loan, General Purpose Credit Card, Kisan Credit Card, the Credit Facility will be made available through CSC in rural areas. It has tied up with around 42 public, private service sectors, and regional rural banks.
Digital Seva Partners
1. Village Level Enterprise
In order to provide rural digital service to the rural consumer in the village, the rural entrepreneur has been provided the facility to open this CSC digital Seva Kendra.
2. Government Agencies
State designated agency that works for the expansion of the scheme within the state.
3. Central Ministry
The central ministries, their departments, and other central agencies provide various services to the citizens. Public, private sector, and regional rural banks enable the CSC Center to provide banking services to provide various banking and financial services.
Process for Opening Digital Seva Kendra
If a rural person wants to open CSC Digital Seva Center then he has to apply for it from the central government. He has to tell which state he wants to open for city or village. The rural entrepreneurs can open the Common Service Center scheme under the Digital India scheme and can provide the above-mentioned services to local citizens. CSC Seva Center registration can be done online at CSC Seva portal and no fee is to be paid for this.
Eligibility for Opening Digital Seva Kendra
- Applicant must be above eighteen years of age to open Digital Seva CSC Center.
- Applicant must have passed the 10th level examination from a recognized board.
- In Digital Seva Common Service Center, the applicant should be able to read and write the local dialect and have basic knowledge of the English language.
- The applicant should also have basic computer knowledge.
- TEC certification number has also been made mandatory for registration in CSC digital Seva, therefore you have to do this TEC course certification before registering for the digital service center.
Required Documents for registration Common Service Center
- Identity Proof: Copy of applicant voter ID card.
- Address Proof: Copy of applicant’s Aadhar card.
- Bank Details: Applicant Bank Passbook or Canceled Check
- PAN Card: Copy of PAN card of the applicant
- Resume: Copy of applicant’s resume
The infrastructure required for opening Digital Seva Kendra
- 100 to 150 square feet center opening space
- The computer of new technology
- Web camera
- Bio-matrix Scanner
- UPS power backup
Digital Seva Registration Process
- To open a digital Seva CSC center, first of all, you have to apply online on CSC Registration Portal which is very simple.
- When the website is open, you will see the application in the menu bar. Click on apply and click on new registration. Then on the next page, the CSC registration page will open.
- After clicking on select applicant type, click on CSC VLE and write your mobile number and given in the given captcha box.
- After filling in all the details click on submit button and on the next page fill in the required details under Personal, Residential, Kiosk, Banking, Documents, and Infrastructure.
- After filling in the details, read all the terms and conditions given on the “Certificate” tab.
- Review your details and click on the “Submit” button to register yourself and a CSC Registration ID will be generated.
- You will receive an acknowledgment e-mail regarding the successful completion of your CSC Digital Seva Center application at your email address provided during the CSC Digital Seva Center registration process on the portal.
How to check Digital Seva Kendra Status
- To check Common Service Center Status, visit CSC Digital Seva Portal official website and click on status in apply.
- On clicking, a new page will be like the page given below where you will be asked for the application number and captcha.
- After applying for CSC Registration, enter the application reference number and captcha that came in the mail and click on submit.
- After this, on your Digital Seva CSC Portal, Digital Seva Kendra Registration or Digital Seva Common Service Center Status (CSC Registration Status) will come in front of you.
Digital Seva Helpline Number
Toll-Free Number- 1800-3000-3465
phone number- 01124301349