PMJAY Yojana 2021: The launch of “Ayushman Bharat” or “pmjay”, a flagship scheme of the Government of India, was recommended by the National Health Policy 2017. The initiative is designed to meet the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and its underlined commitment that “no one is left behind”.
What is PMJAY Scheme
Ayushman Bharat” is an attempt to move away from a regional and fragmented approach to healthcare delivery, towards a comprehensive and expected healthcare delivery. The objective of this scheme is to address the health care system (Prevention, Promotion and Ambulatory Care) in a holistic manner at primary, secondary and tertiary level. Ayushman Bharat is a big step towards affordable healthcare. It consists of two inter-related components, which are as per below:
- Health & Wellness Center (HWC’s)
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY)
Health & Wellness Center (HWC’s)
In February 2018, the Government of India announced the creation of 1,50,000 Health and Wellness Centers (HWCs) by replacing the existing sub-centres and primary health centers. These initiatives are an attempt to bring Comprehensive Primary Health Center (CPHC) and health services to the homes of the people. These centers also provide free essential medicines, diagnostic and maternal and child health services including non-communicable diseases.
These health and wellness centers were envisioned with the goal of universality and expansion of primary health services to the entire population of their area. Health promotion and prevention are designed to encourage individuals and communities to adopt healthy behaviors and to empower and protect people from complex diseases and their risks.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (pmjay)
The second component under Ayushman Bharat is the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, which is known by the name of the people (PM-JAY). This scheme was launched by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi on 23rd September 2018 in Ranchi, Jharkhand.
Ayushman Bharat (PM-JAY) is the world’s largest health assurance scheme, which aims to provide free treatment up to Rs 5 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary health services to over 10.74 crore poor and deprived families beneficiaries who constitute 40% of the Indian population.
PMJAY was earlier known as National Health Protection Scheme (NHPS). The Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana(RSBY), which was launched in 2008, was merged with (PMJAY). Therefore, under (PM-JAY), those families have also been included which were mentioned in RSBY.
Features of PMJAY
- PMJAY is the world’s largest health insurance scheme and fully funded by the government.
- The scheme provides funds up to Rs 5 lakh per family per year to the beneficiaries for secondary and tertiary health treatment in public and private empaneled hospitals in India.
- More than 10.74 crore poor and deprived families can get benefits under this scheme.
- PMJAY provides health services free of cost to the beneficiary in Seva Sansthan ie “Hospitals”.
- PMJAY helps in reducing the exorbitant expenditure arising out of medical treatment, which pushes about 6 crore Indians below the poverty line every year.
- Under this scheme, clinical treatment, health treatment and medicines are available free of cost for 3 days before and 15 days after hospitalization.
- There is no limit on family size, age or gender under this scheme.
- Under this scheme, various pre-existing medical conditions and serious diseases are covered from day one.
- PM-JAY is a portable scheme i.e. beneficiaries can avail it in any public or private empaneled hospital across the country.
- The plan covers about 1,393 procedures and packages such as Medicines, Supplies, Diagnostic Services, Physicians Fees, Room Fees, O-T and I-C-U Fees etc. which are available free of cost.
- Private hospitals are reimbursed for health services at par with public hospitals.
Advantage of Pmjay scheme
There have been many government-funded health insurance schemes in India under which funds ranging from Rs 30,000 to Rs 3,00,000 per family were provided in different states which created inequality. PMJAY provides Rs 5,00,000 per family per year for empaneled secondary and tertiary health services to all beneficiaries. The following treatments are available free of cost under this scheme.
- Medical examination, treatment and counseling
- Pre-hospitalization expenses
- Medicines and medical consumables
- Non-intensive and intensive health services
- Clinical and laboratory tests
- Medical implantation services
- Hospital stay
- Hospital food expenses
- Complications that may arise during treatment
- Care for up to 15 days after hospitalization
How to check your name in PMJAY scheme
- Visit the official portal of PMJAY
- You will the option AM I ELIGIBLE, click on it
- Now enter your Mobile number and captcha code
- You will receive an OTP on your number, enter this OTP and submit the button
- In new window, you are asked to select your state
- After selection, enter your name and search your name.
Who can not avail of the Ayushman Bharat yojana benefit
- Government Employees
- People who owns any kind of vehicle
- Whose monthly income is more than 10000rs
- People who owns agricultural land
- Who owns a kisan card
- People who lives in build house
- People who owns landline phone.
Who can take benefits of PMJAY Scheme
- Cart puller
- Security Guard
- Street Vendors
Documents required for PMJAY scheme
- Adhar Card
- Pan card
- Mobile Number
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate
Pmjay Helpline Number
|Customer Care||14555, 1800111565|